The Spring perfumes Saint-Jean…
The oldest and most important Spring Plants Exhibition will mark the renewal of Nature on April 21st, 22nd and 23rd at the Château de Saint-Jean de Beauregard. It is in this friendly and accessible place that you will be presented the most beautiful plants of collections, rarities discovered as well as the latest innovations created. Nearly 250 exhibitors, including the best nursery growers in Europe, will offer the widest range of plants in France, in all categories : trees, shrubs, bulbs, grasses, climbers, roses and perennials. These three days will be a unique opportunity to meet directly with the elite of the producers, who will give you personalized advice adapted to your garden. Experts in the Art of Living in the Garden will accompany these plants and propose their finest creations to embellish your outdoor living space. The Fragrant Plants will be the stars of this spring edition and will energize the visitors of their multiple fragrances, in the enchanting setting of the park classified Historic Monument. A must-see for garden lovers, these three days will allow you to discover all the fabulous and perfumed treasures offered by the best French and European nurserymen.
Several highlights will come to rhythm these three days. The Prizes & Trophies will be awarded to nurserymen for their research work, as well as numerous conferences given by professional specialists: Jean Mus, Philippe Collignon, Xavier Mathias, Philippe Bonduel, Laurent Bourgeois and Kali Vermès. Young and old will be able to perfect their day around several workshops and activities : discovery of mulching with the PNR of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse, exchange of plants proposed by Vivaces & Cie, composition of its own perfume with Parfum en Herbe, a workshop of repoting animated by the Gardeners in Essonne or the manufacture of pockets for seeds offered by Botanique Editions.
One, two, three … Breathe!
Events and activities*
* all the events and activities proposed are free.
• Prizes and Trophies : Prize-giving on Friday 21th at 2pm, followed by a display of the prize-winning plants.
• Guided tours of the Exhibition : Discover the hidden treasures on each stand with Francis Peeters and Guy Vandersande ! (Friday and Saturday at 10:30 am and 3:30 pm).
• Saint-Jean Special Plant Finder : A search engine so you can easily find your plants on the exhibition.
• Plants exchange proposed by the association Vivaces & Cie.
• Drawing in Watercolor : Organised by La sélection d’arbres et arbustes, SILENCE, ça pousse ! with Sébastien Mathieux. Bring a picture of your garden, a plant or a foliage and leave with your watercolor and a plant sample (open to all ages, runs continuously).
• Seed Bags : Workshop of folding and manufacture of small bags for seeds and grains animated by Botanique Editions (at 10:30 am – 11:30 am – 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm, on all three days).
• Bedding or mulches for a natural garden : A space for discovering new techniques offered by the Regional National Parc of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse.
• Guided tours of the French-style flowering kitchen garden : 2:30pm and 4:00pm.
• For children :
Small Bags for Seeds : Workshop of folding and manufacture of small bags for seeds and grains animated by Botanique Editions (Saturday and Sunday at 11am et 15pm for children aged 6-12).
Your Own Perfume : Composition of its perfume and decoration of its bottle with Marie Pier Lecard (from 6 years old, Saturday and Sunday at 11am, 2pm and 3pm, around 1 hour).
Baby plants : workshop with the «Jardiniers en Essonne» to discover how plants live and how to take care of them (5-10 years old, sat. et sun. from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm).
Conferences and signatures
Friday 21 April 2017
3.00 pm: Jardins Méditérranéens Contemporains (Ulmer editions)
Talk and book signing with Jean Mus
4.30 pm: Jardins de Peintres (Hachette editions)
Talk and book signing with Philippe Collignon
Saturday 22 April 2017
11.00 am: La permaculture : une mode qui a de l’avenir ? (Larousse editions)
Talk and book signing with Xavier Mathias
3.00 pm: Fragrantissima, le guide des plantes parfumées (Ulmer editions)
Talk and book signing with Philippe Bonduel
4:30 pm : Le Potager du Roi, dessins de saisons (Glenat editions )
Book signing with Raphaèle Bernard-Bacot
Sunday 23 April 2017
11.00 am: L’essentiel des plantes aromatiques.
Talk and book signing with Laurent Bourgeois
3.00 pm: Mini Jardins de Verre (Larousse editions)
Demonstration, talk and book signing with Kali Vermès